Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

COMEDY:"Husband goes to market to get food stuff

I've never heard of this being a reason for divorce before. Mrs Cythian Igwe complained to an Igando Customary Court in Lagos saying:


"My husband is stingy, he does not give me money for food, he goes to market to buy foodstuff himself" Continue after the jump, it's a really interesting story: The woman told the court that she wants to end her six year marriage to Emmanuel Igwe because of his "tight fistedness".

“My husband is stingy and selfish, he has never given me money to go to the market to buy foodstuff; he will rather go himself and give me the foodstuff to cook,’’Mrs Igwe alleged.

In addition to Emmanuel's stinginess, Mrs Igwe also revealed some more gruesome details to the court, she said about Emmanuel: “Emmanuel drinks a lot and after getting drunk, he will start to destroy our property or beat the children for no just cause, there was a time he used my son to play football.

There was also a day he came home drunk with one of his girlfriends, immediately I opened the door, he grabbed my clothes and tore it into pieces, he and his girlfriend started beating me. I shouted for help and if not for the quick intervention of our neighbours, I would have been dead by now".

Mrs. Igwe, a mother of three also says that she Mr. Emmanuel embarrassed her a lot of times in public because of his drinking habits. She recounts a story about a time he appeared in her church half naked with a bottle of beer and a cigarette.

Also according to her, Emmanuel forcefully sent her packing out of their matrimonial home and hired a truck to convey all her belongings to her sister’s house. She is now begging the court to dissolve the marriage because she does not love him again, she can no longer cope and her life is in danger.

Mr Emmanuel, 34, a maritime worker, is denying all the allegations. About the church episode, he says that it was his wife’s prophetess that gave him the beer to drink. In his words:

“It was my wife’s prophetess that `sow’ a bottle of beer into my life and I drank it and gave thanks to God,’’ he said. He describes Cynthia as a nagging woman who always disobeys his orders.

Emmaunel also denied being a drunk and a wife-beater, saying he was a moderate drinker. He said that his wife packed out of the house herself that he was not the one who sent her packing. He says that he too is fed up with the marriage and is telling the court to grant his wife’s request.

The President of the court, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, adjourned the case till July 13 for judgment. I would have liked to being in the court room because this just sounds like a Nigerian home movie.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.