Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

SPORT:I’m Not A Messiah And Don’t Know It All, Oliseh Tells Nigerians



oliseh-NL

 SPORT:I’m Not A Messiah And Don’t Know It All, Oliseh Tells Nigerians

Newly appointed Super Eagles Chief Coach, Sunday Oliseh, who spoke yesterday in Abuja during his official presentation as the Super Eagles Chief Coach by the board of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has said Nigerians should not expect a sudden miracle from him, because he is not a messiah.


He promised to transform the team but says it will take a lot of time as rome was not build in a day. Below is what he said during his unveiling as the team coach yesterday.

“First of all, I am not coming as a messiah, I am not coming as man who knows it all, I am not coming as someone who can singlehandedly just turn Nigeria into Germany but I am coming as a man who has come to serve his country and ready to give a 150% even more and that is why I brought an expatriate, Lusciuto who is ready to work and without the attitude of better than thou in him. He is an expatriate who knows Africa and hungry for victory.

We need Salisu because he knows the league in and out because our aim is also to work with home based players. We need Aloy Agu because when you are talking about calmness and someone who can also channel the goalkeepers and also give tactical and technical advises to the coaches he is also one of them and that is why we are what we are.

“The state we are now in Nigeria I think we are all not very happy with it, we say it as it is, but I must be very blunt because I am among my countrymen so let us call a spade a spade.

Gone are the days when we had individual players who can win matches for us out of their own individual efforts and that is what we had during my generation and the way out is this;

if you don’t have great players, you need a great technical coaching crew and a great national federation to compensate for what you don’t have as regards these great players.

But we have potentials even to be the best in the world, that is what I honestly believe and that is what my coaching crew also believe. “


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.