Header Ads

Breaking News
recent

Gabriel Afolayan talks on his love life ‘I’m a one- woman man’

Nigerian actor, Gabriel Afolayan, son of late film
maker, Adeyemi Afolayan, a.k.a Ade Love, and
the younger brother of ‘October 1’ movie
producer, Kunle Afolayan has opened up
concerning his principles when it comes to his
relationship with women.
The actor revealed in an interview with Punch
that he does not believe in having more than one
affair with the opposite sex.
He decided to draw a line between his
personality and that of his late father, who
married many wives.
He said, “I’m a one-woman man. For my father,
it was not a lifestyle. It was the job that made
him to marry many women.”

“In their time, husbands of female artistes always
prevented their wives from going on tour and this
affected the quality of dramas that were being
produced in those days. As a result, my father
decided to enlarge his family.”
Afolayan also mentioned that he does not think
marriage is a competition. He does not feel any
pressure after his best friend, Sunkanmi
Omobolanle, got married few years ago.
“Marriage is not a competition and you have to
make sure everything is in place before you take
that step.”
“People gather to tie people together, people
don’t gather to pull them apart. As such, if you
are not looking forward to separating from your
partner, you need to get it right.”
“I don’t need to get married because every other
person is rushing into it. There is no joy in
rushing out. I am taking my time”.
Concerning reports that he does not take his job
seriously, the actor said, “That’s just mere talk.
If I don’t take my job seriously, why am I here on
a movie set? Ask around, I am a disciplined and
committed actor. If you want to excel as an
actor, you have to evolve.”
The actor, who is also a musician has featured in
movies such as Madam Dearest, Ojuju and
Heroes & Zeroes.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.